The North Kaibab Trail is the North Rim Access to Roaring Springs, Cottonwood Camp, Ribbon Falls, and Phantom Ranch. This trail paired with either the Bright Angel or South Kaibab trail is the famous Grand Canyon rim to rim. While the North Kaibab doesn’t see as much traffic as either the Bright Angel or South Kaibab it is still a very popular trail.
This is a long beautiful route to Phantom Ranch, keep in mind there can be limited or no access to the North Rim October through April each year.
- 4.7 Miles to Roaring Springs
- 6.8 miles to Cottonwood Camp
- 7.6 miles to Ribbon Falls
- 12.7 miles to Bright Angel Creek
- 13.4 miles to Clear Creek Trail junction
- 14.2 miles to Phantom Ranch
- 14.7 to the Colorado River
Difficulty: 1-3 (of 5)
Solitude: 1-3 (of 5)
- Northern portion of the Rim to Rim
- Great Geology